In choosing Montessori Children’s Community, our school and your family have formed a partnership with the purpose of providing the opportunities and environment for the successful development of your child, our student. As educators, our staff acknowledges that parents are the first and foremost educators of their children. Parents, together with teachers, are responsible for ensuring that effective learning takes place. Each of us has responsibilities with this partnership.
Our program is responsible for:
- Presenting to you and adhering to our school’s philosophy and program
- Providing open dialogue for clarification of philosophy and program issues throughout the school year between administrators, teachers, and parents
- Providing your child, a diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative, and social independence in accordance with the standards set by the American Montessori Society.
- Providing teachers educated in the Montessori philosophy and methodology
- Providing a classroom atmosphere that encourages positive social interaction fostering cooperative learning and emotional development.